Simply put, Voice of Internet Protocol (VoIP) allows users to make calls over the internet. But there is more to it than just two-way conversations.
Cloud-based VoIP PABX (Private Automatic Branch Exchange) systems are your answering service, reception desk and switchboard management system online. And choosing the right VoIP service provider for this frontline communication tool is vital.
There is no “one size fits all” when it comes to VoIP business telephone solutions. Every business is different. Most commonly, though, your VoIP business telephone solution should support multiple lines, caller ID, call-waiting, voicemail and conference calls. Essentially, your cloud-based VoIP PABX’s primary job is to optimise communication – both internally and externally.
When you choose a VoIP service provider, start by considering the tools your business would make the most use of. For example:
- What is the volume of calls your switchboard is likely to receive and would you need call routing options?
- Do you make a lot of international calls?
- Do you make many outbound calls?
- Does your team work in one central location or remotely?
- Would you need a virtual conferencing solution?
- Would you need a toll-free or standard line?
- What kind of collaboration tools would be nice to have?
- Would you need to integrate mobile phones into the system?
Answering those questions is a good place to start. Knowing what you need will allow your chosen provider to customise your VoIP PABX service in line with those specifics. Euphoria provides scalable options that can be made to order – without contracts. And contract-free VoIP has proved to be particularly valuable in the start-up and SMME spaces.
Ultimately, your business needs a communications infrastructure that won’t let you down. So, when you make that all-important decision, it’s best to go in with a clear picture of what you want and so the provider can tailor a PABX solution for you.
The future of telecommunications has called. Will you pick up?